Tuesday, May 09, 2006

the tash groweth

Well well. Its seems that my stories of amusing people and drunken moments in New Zealand are not enough. Since sending you pictures of my tash, I've been inundated with requests for updates. Well, I say inundated, Sean, Sue and Jon seemed interested. So I enclose updates. As you can tell, the handlebars are now in almost full blossom and getting quite a lot of attention. Mostly by men dressed in Indian outfits, builders, policemen or anyone else in the Village People.

Not to be outdone however, Gareth decided it was time he joined in on the Facial Hair Tour 2006 and sported this magnificent effort I have also attached. He was twice approached to join the elite band of Muskateers. Embarassment got the better of him, however and the offence was removed just a day later.

All else is tres bien as they may say in Namibia. I'm not sure of this, and feel I should probably look into it some more as I've just been offered a two year posting there!! Woo hoo. From what I can gather from your last emails, nobody really knows much about it except the capital (thanks Nick, can always rely on capital knowledge - Lesotho?) and that its Weirdly beautiful. NOt entirely sure what that means, but sounds like my kind of thing.

Still considering my options for things to do until then and this can be the subject of any replies - suggestions of things to do over the next few months. I've heard that after a few troubled months, George Michael may be on the lookout for a look-a-like, and I feel I may be an obvious frontrunner for the post at the moment.

Auf wiedersein




No comments: