Thursday, July 26, 2007

Not for the faint hearted

I’ve been here for ten months now, and although my reason for coming is to work in a developing area, improve services for people with disabilities blah blah blah, it also seemed like a fantastic place to come to work on improving my pasty tan and pulling myself into shape a bit more. Unfortunately as you’ll see from the selection of hand picked photos, so far not everything is going to plan.



Granted, I could have chosen a slightly more pasty person than my friend Michael to pose for some pictures with, but even so I’m disappointed with my efforts. Look at this next one:

My arms are looking a good tanned shade, but clearly I’ve been wearing a few too many wife beater tops. Either that or my chest is now so white that it merely reflects the sun straight off it.

I unfortunately have to admit that these pics were taken a couple of months ago, and things have only gone downhill since then. At that point we were just coming out of summer, so was at my prime colour level. These harsh winter days have forced me indoors or at least donning clothing when out and about, My exercising routines has taken a bit of a dive since then too though now I’ve finally sorted my bicycle problems I’m getting on it again.

So all in all, those of you who have been expecting me to return a bronzed Adonis with Greek God’s body may be slightly disappointed. On the flip side, I’ve got to eat a fair amount of goat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beaten Simon to it again - you snooze you lose. We're in the depths of winter here too mate, although I have sunburnt for three days in a row now. It's been 20 degrees and beautiful. Don't get that in January back at home. Good goat action too. Is it tasty?

Ant said...

It seems I've also beaten Simon to the punch. You are slacking mate.

Goat is an incredibly tasty meat and much underused in the uk/new Zealnad if you ask me. some of the goat in the pictures abiyve resulted in th emost fantasitc curry to rival a Chektanham Tandoori Lamb Dhansak anyday.

Had goat ribs for lunch today too (not my own handiwork though)

Anonymous said...

Damn you guys, damn you!

Anonymous said...

Alright pasty boy.

In other news. Andy near killed me cycling at a million miles an hour over Cleeve hill. Well, he didn't kill me. I killed myself trying to keep up....

A little bird tells me you are coming home soon for a visit Ant. Good news indeed. I just checked my watch. Guess what time it is!!

Motto.