Wednesday, December 20, 2006

We Live and Learn

So I made a mistake. Everyone here does it, but people here are just so laid back.

People at home warned me.

“Use protection” they said. “I will” I said.
“Be careful” they said. “I will” I said.

But I was foolish and now I’m paying the consequences. I can’t quite believe that it happened. I mean its Africa – you can’t say its not well known.

Yet here I am, paying the price. Sunburn is not a laughing matter – my thighs are red raw and I’m lacquering myself up with aftersun three times a day. I sat out for a couple of hours under the beating sun as if to say “come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough”. And it did. And it won.


Bloody brits abroad.

On a lighter note Happy New Year, I'll strive to update my blog more regularly in 2007.

4 comments:

Sinéad said...

Ant, fabulous blog post - witty with the added bonus of a hairy, half-naked man - that's what i call a recipe for success.

Anonymous said...

I'd hoped that I'd get a two year break from seeing you walking around in a pair of undercrackers and your hairplugs t-shirt. Apparently not. Summer has been slow arriving here, but it was 30 degrees most of last week. About time. Happy New Year.

Gareth

Ant said...

At least I didn't have my hoodie with the orange writing on and a Primus beer in my hand. As for the summer, I can loan you a few degrees centigrade if you want. We've got loads going spare.

Unknown said...

Nah, the best image of Ant is with some tight y-fronts on (similar to the sexy ones he has on this pic... but maybe with a bit more dirt smudged on them), wearing a red beanie, holding a bottle of rum, with these crazy big naughty, normally drunken, eyes laughing away, as if they hold all the secrets of life... Come on, I know you've all seen that look? ;)
liz