Saturday, September 09, 2006

Shouldn't someone be telling me it was all just a joke by now?

No seriously. Its the morning that I actually leave. I was only joking. Guys...

Guys.

So this is it. Adios, bon voyage and auf wiedersehn. The next time you hear from me I have no doubt that I will be in a seriously uncomfortably hot state and complaining about how seriously uncomfortably hot I am. But thats all good and I'm now Harbourne Halled out (the venue for all my VSO training) and psyched for the real McCoy.

Its been an interesting time since last I wrote and you'll all be pleased to here that the alcohol free and fitness regime went soundly out of the window as quick as it came (I know some of you had genuine concerns for my health) and I rediscovered Sky TV and six packs of beer as if we had never been apart. It was an emotional reunion mind you.

On a moderately serious note, it would be really cool to keep in touch with all of you and I apologise for the necessity to write a group email - they would be in my Room 101 if I had a choice, just behind bouncers and posh lettuce. It going to be an awesome experience, but have no doubt that will be tough at times too, so the more stories I have about Wednesday football, pregnancy ("cant wait till the baby is born"), children ("wish I was pregnant again") and the usual banter, the better I say.

Right, well. As per usual if you've got this far and are still awake, the theme to respond to this message is based around language. It would seem that I have up to three languages to try and master over the next few years - Oshavambo (the local dialect in the area I'll be in Namibia), Africaans and Portuguese (spoken in Angola which will be very close). So if anyone has (or would like to make up) any useful phrases in one or all of these languages they would be most welcome. Apparently English is the national language, but I reckon three is enough for me to master for one day thank you very much!!

Take care and hope to see some of you in Namibia.

No comments: